[llvm-dev] Strange cl::opt behavior

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 27 08:03:47 PDT 2018

I seem to have a situation where a cl::opt static constructor is not
being called.

I'm staring at a binary that has the option help text in it (confirmed
via strings).  I instrumented the option registration code to spit out
when options are added.  I see lots of option added, but not the one
containing the aforementioned help text.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I've added lots and lots of
options in the past and this is the first time I've run into this.

                         -David