[llvm-dev] [DebugInfo] DIBuilder missing interface to generate DWARF info for packed_decimal basic type.

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 23 08:54:57 PDT 2018

>>  (Somebody is actively working on scaled binary operations, although they have not yet gotten to the point of wanting to support debug info.)
If possible, can you kindly get me in touch with them so I would not spend time on which is already been done?

If you look on llvm-dev for the discussion "[llvm-dev] Fixed Point Support in LLVM" you'll find them:
Leonard Chan leonardchan at google.com<mailto:leonardchan at google.com>
Bevin Hansson bevin.hansson at ericsson.com<mailto:bevin.hansson at ericsson.com>

Admittedly this looks like binary-scaled, not decimal-scaled (I've been following the discussion, but not closely), so it might not be directly helpful to you; I don't remember whether PL/I has binary-scaled types.  However, DWARF supports both binary and decimal scale factors, so the DIBuilder and LLVM debug-info support should permit both.

John Reagan john.reagan at vmssoftware.com<mailto:john.reagan at vmssoftware.com> will also be looking ahead to supporting these types when the OpenVMS project gets to the point of supporting their broad range of non-C/C++ compilers, which includes PL/I and COBOL.

Regards,
--paulr