[llvm-dev] DIBuilder missing interface to generate DWARF info for packed_decimal basic type.

Chirag Patel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 21 22:50:04 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am working on a llvm based compiler frontend in which, I am using the packed_decimal type encoding.

During using the llvm DIBuilder, I found out that the interface to create BasicType with packed_decimal encoding(DW_ATE_packed_decimal), is missing all the related encoding stuff,
Like
(Missing)
               DW_AT_picture_string - should be MDString Node - not decided yet.
               DW_AT_decimal_sign - May be in DIflags with mask (5 distinct inputs), like FlagDSOverPunch, etc
               DW_AT_digit_count - unsigned integer, like unsigned DigitCount
               DW_AT_decimal_scale - integer, like int DecimalScale

I am looking to add this info in DIBasicType class (DebugInfoMetadata.h) and would appreciate advice on above location.

Regrads,

Chirag Patel| Software Engineer
RAINCODE Mainframe to .NET
Tel : +91 080 41159811 | Mob : +91 90493 36744
www.raincodelabs.com<http://www.raincodelabs.com/>