[llvm-dev] Using VMKit to convert Java Bytecode to LLVM IR

Ratnesh Tiwari via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 20 04:19:41 PDT 2018

 Hi,

I wanted to use VMKit  project to convert Java Bytecode to LLVM IR bitcode.
But  I do not know how to start, since I came to know that VMkit is written
for llvm -3.3 version, but I want it for latest LLVM version 6.0.1.

So, could you please suggest me, whether I have to write it whole project
from scratch to meet my requirement of latest llvm version, or can use
existing project by building it. Since, I think existing VMKit project
which is unmaintained might have a lot of bug to meet latest llvm version.

Also tell me if I have to write it from scratch to convert from Java
Bytecode to LLVM IR, what is the basic code flow approach ,how to start and
related guidance. Please help me by suggesting above queries.

Thanks & Regards
Ratnesh Tiwari