[llvm-dev] using the new PassManager

Matt P. Dziubinski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 14 05:40:12 PDT 2018

Hi Shweta,

On 8/13/2018 19:23, Shweta Gujar via llvm-dev wrote:
 > I am a newbie and I am trying to learn a few basic concepts by going
 > through some of the past devmtg presentations/Tutorials. I see that
 > the videos for the talks from October 2014 and April 2015 are not
 > available (broken links). Does anyone know where I can find them?
 >
 > I came across this thread where there was a mention about one of these
 > material -
 > http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-June/113848.html but not
 > sure if there was a conclusion.

I got some luck retrieving the older video(s) from archive.org.
Below are the links to the video and other on-topic materials which may
be of help:

New PM: taming a custom pipeline of Falcon JIT
2018 EuroLLVM Developers’ Meeting - Fedor Sergeev, Azul Systems
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X12D46sRFw
Slides:
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2018-04/slides/Sergeev-Taming%20a%20custom%20pipeline%20of%20Falcon%20JIT.pdf

The LLVM Pass Manager, Part 2
2014 LLVM Developers' Meeting - Chandler Carruth, Google
Video:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160718071630/http://llvm.org/devmtg/2014-10/Videos/The%20LLVM%20Pass%20Manager%20Part%202-720.mov
Slides:
https://llvm.org/devmtg/2014-10/Slides/Carruth-TheLLVMPassManagerPart2.pdf

Passes in LLVM, Part 1
2014 European LLVM Conference - Chandler Carruth
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY02LT08-J8
Slides: https://llvm.org/devmtg/2014-04/PDFs/Talks/Passes.pdf

Security Research and Development with LLVM - Andrew Reiter (OPCDE 2017)
https://github.com/roachspray/opcde2017
New Pass Manager - Code Example
https://github.com/roachspray/opcde2017/tree/master/code/newpm

Writing LLVM Pass in 2018 — Part I