[llvm-dev] Passing arguments to var args function

Liad Mordekoviz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 8 05:28:37 PDT 2018

Hey,

I am working on a new back-end,
in my back end, I require to pass every argument through a register when
calling a function, unless the argument is part of the ellipsis (...) and
then pass it through the stack, I've tried creating a CCCustom function to
analyze the operands when a function has var args, however, the information
whether the out val is fixed or not is not passed into the analyze
function, the code I'm talking about can be seen here:

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/lib/CodeGen/CallingConvLower.cpp#L138

In line 144 the Fn is called, the Outs[i] contains the information required
for such thing because it contains the IsFixed flag.
Did anyone else come by such requirement? is there any other way anyone
could recommend handling such requirement?

Thanks in advance, Liad.