[llvm-dev] [7.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 8.0.0

NAKAMURA Takumi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 3 17:10:00 PDT 2018

Martin and Tim,

From
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo

$  git config --add remote.origin.fetch
+refs/notes/commits:refs/notes/commits
(Its okay if you edit .git/config manually. Editing git/config is
considered safe.)

FYI, I tried, in several years ago, generating refs/tags/rXXXXXX for each
rev.
It works fine if number of tags are hundreds.

Git (and github) will be choked by thousands of tags, unfortunately.
It's the reason why I didn't provide refs/tags/rXXXXXX in github.

...Takumi