[llvm-dev] [DbgInfo] Potential bug in location list address ranges

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 27 08:53:18 PDT 2018

As Adrian said, we'd need to see the source of foo() to assess what the location-list for bar ought to be.
Without actually going to look, I would guess that 'poplt' is considered a conditional move, therefore r4's contents are not guaranteed after it executes (i.e. it is a clobber).  If one operand of 'poplt' is 'pc' then of course it is also a conditional indirect branch (which is probably but not necessarily a return).  This combination might be worth handling differently for location-list purposes.
But this is a tricky area, and we'd need to consider the consequences carefully.
--paulr