[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2018] Improve Debugging of Optimized Code

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 25 12:56:01 PDT 2018

Welcome Anastasis!  I'm very happy to see this work going forward.

I see that your first task is to make "debugify" into a function pass,
so we will be able to get data on a per-pass basis.  At EuroLLVM there
was a relevant lightning talk about a different tool, see:
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2018-04/talks.html#Lightning_11
It will be extremely interesting to see how well your results line up
with the data that Greg was able to gather on how well (or poorly)
various passes handled debug info.

I hope you have a great GSOC experience here.
--paulr