[llvm-dev] Error: Verify if there is a pass dependency cycle

Qiuping Yi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 11 21:39:45 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I write a new FunctionPass which wants to use pass PostDominatorTree, so I
implement the next function:

void getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU) const {
      AU.addRequired<PostDominatorTree>();
      AU.setPreservesAll();
}

Then I get PDT through the next statement:

PostDominatorTree *PDT = &getAnalysis<PostDominatorTree>();

My code can be successfully compiled. However, I encounter the next error
when I ran the code:

*Pass 'Unnamed pass: implement Pass::getPassName()' is not initialized.*
*Verify if there is a pass dependency cycle.*
*Required Passes:*

I used llvm-3.4. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

Best regards,

Qiuping Yi
Institute Of Software
Chinese Academy of Sciences