[llvm-dev] Support for dynamic linking?

Sven SAULEAU via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 10 06:55:16 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm experimenting with the wasm target and especially with a new dynamic
linking phase done by the JavaScript bundlers (Webpack or Rollup).

It requires changing the LLVM IR emitter for that target. For my test
I'm using C/C++ but since I couldn't find the correct clang
attribute/pragma, I decided to implement it myself.

Omitting the clang parsing phase, how would be the best way to represent
it in LLVM's IR?

I'm not really sure about the boundaries between clang and LLVM, clang
can emit LLVM IR but the writer is in LLVM so my understand was that It
was part of LLVM. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Sven

--