[llvm-dev] SCEVExpander and IRBuilder

Alexandre Isoard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 6 10:55:05 PDT 2018

Hello,

I use SCEVExpander and IRBuilder to generate some code and I frequently
end-up breaking dominance because the SCEVExpander insertion point and the
IRBuilder insertion point do not advance in synchrony.

Ideally, I could build a SCEVExpander based on an existing IRBuilder (so
that they move each other). Or even better, SCEVExpander inherit from
IRBuilder and basically extend it with SCEV expander capabilities (then I
don't need to use a separate IRBuilder).

Or maybe I am using them wrong? What is the intended way to use those?

--
*Alexandre Isoard*