[llvm-dev] print signature of function from dwarf info in file?

Bill O'Hara via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 5 13:22:50 PDT 2018

Hi

I'm using llvm-5. Browsing the source of llvm-dwarfdump and trying it on
some shared libraries, I see I can print the debug info (assuming it
exists). For some function, I'm wondering if there's a short cut to
prettyprinting the signature of a function in the library? I think, looking
at the output, that enough information exists but it seems to involve
looking at the subprogram and then chasing references to parameters
elsewhere in the debug info and so on.

Browsing the llvm headers, I see classes like DISubprogram which appear to
represent a function. But no obvious way to get to a string for the
function signature.

TIA!
bill