[llvm-dev] [Dwarf] Register a local variable in DIBuilder and locate it later with a DwarfContext

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 1 11:17:59 PDT 2018

Binding the alloca to the debug-info metadata is not automatic.  You need to emit an intrinsic function call to llvm.dbg.declare to bind the two together.
If you are simply trying to emit DWARF for your program, the rest of the processing should already be in place for that.  If you are trying to do something else, you would need to describe that so we understand what you need.
--paulr