[llvm-dev] [RFC] 'Review corner' section in LLVM Weekly

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 28 00:29:49 PDT 2017

On 18 September 2017 at 20:09, Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:
> Seeing as the idea got positive feedback, I'm going to trial it
> starting from next week. Please submit patches which are awaiting
> review here <http://llvmweekly.org/reviewcorner>. Let's start simple
> and see if it works. I've suggested the following guidelines for
> submitting a code review thread for inclusion:
> * The patch has gone at least two weeks without substantial review
> feedback OR this is your first patch to an LLVM project
> * You have updated the patch based on any review comments received so far
> * The patch has been compile tested against the current HEAD of the
> appropriate LLVM project, and rebased if necessary
> * You are willing to write a short two-sentence summary that explains
> 1) what the patch does, and 2) why people might interested.

As you've hopefully seen, the first iteration of the "Review corner"
made its debut in Monday's LLVM Weekly:
http://llvmweekly.org/issue/195

Four 'stuck' reviews were submitted and since then, 3/4 have seen
fresh review activity - thanks to Dimitry Andric, Matthias Braun, and
Anna Zaks. So far so good, but lets try and make it 4/4 (see
https://reviews.llvm.org/D36357).

I haven't yet received any review submissions for next week, though
that may be because people prefer to wait until close to the deadline
(Sunday) to see if the review process moves forwards on its own. The
submission form is here http://llvmweekly.org/reviewcorner

Best,

Alex