[llvm-dev] [SPIR-V] SPIR-V in LLVM

Nicholas Wilson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 27 15:52:31 PDT 2017

> On 27 Sep 2017, at 8:21 pm, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu.vizoso at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> any news on coordination? We have customers who are successfully using
> Mesa in their products, and that are now asking about OpenCL.

None yet, I’m still waiting for IWOCL to spearhead the coordination.

> My current impression is that easiest would be to do what Tom suggested
> before, and only re-evaluate inclusion in LLVM proper once things are
> more mature.
>
> One path for me would be to take Khronos' or Nic's work and convert it
> into something that can be packaged by Linux distributions (so it needs
> to work with the latest LLVM release, with no patches).

Mine works with LLVM trunk at the moment.
I think all it would take would be to roll back the fixes to make and add it to the build system to make it work with 5.0.
The code generator is a regular (well for the purposes of a front end developer) backend so should be very easy to integrate. It does lack an OpenCL C front end though, you would need to forward port Khronos’ one.

> Another path would be to extend clspv to cover the whole of OpenCL, but
> I don't know if Codeplay/Google are interested in taking such patches.
>
> Is here interest in coordinating efforts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Definitely although I’m a bit busy at the moment. I hope you can make it to IWOCL.

Nic