[llvm-dev] [SPIR-V] SPIR-V in LLVM

Tomeu Vizoso via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 27 05:21:58 PDT 2017

On 07/31/2017 02:30 PM, Nicholas Wilson via llvm-dev wrote:

>> On 31 Jul 2017, at 3:23 pm, Neil Henning <ll... at duskborn.com> wrote:
>
> Moving forward, other than securing the triples spirv32, spirv64, and spirvlogical from LLVM, how can we go about coordinating efforts? I feel that having one backend is a better use of everybody’s time than having three. If we don't get around to anything I’m sure we can organise something at IWOCL.

Hi there,

any news on coordination? We have customers who are successfully using
Mesa in their products, and that are now asking about OpenCL.

My current impression is that easiest would be to do what Tom suggested
before, and only re-evaluate inclusion in LLVM proper once things are
more mature.

One path for me would be to take Khronos' or Nic's work and convert it
into something that can be packaged by Linux distributions (so it needs
to work with the latest LLVM release, with no patches).

Another path would be to extend clspv to cover the whole of OpenCL, but
I don't know if Codeplay/Google are interested in taking such patches.

Is here interest in coordinating efforts?

Regards,

Tomeu