[llvm-dev] Build clang front end only for few languages ( say C and C++ )

KārlisS via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 26 15:16:25 PDT 2017

Hi,

Are you sure you ar not mixing things? Clang is the frontend for C
family languages (and name of compiler using it) . There are LLVM based
compilers for other languages but those are different projects and  not
part of clang or llvm repositories. According to
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/2c146e57031cf4692ecf1924c3d6d7e79851a984/docs/Toolchain.rst#id15
clang contains small amount of code for invoking GCC based fortran and
java compilers and clangFormat but I doubt those add a significant size
increase compared to the rest of clang.

Best regards,

Kārlis Seņko