[llvm-dev] Errors linking with LLVM 5.0 - dump() missing

Don Hinton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 25 14:29:07 PDT 2017

Thanks for reporting this.

Looks like this one was missed -- the declaration should have been #ifdef'd
away along with the definition.   A quick grep indicates there are a number
of them that need to be fixed.

Here's the original commit:

commit 88d207542b618ca6054b24491ddd67f8ca397540
Author: Matthias Braun <matze at braunis.de>
Date:   Sat Jan 28 02:02:38 2017 +0000

    Cleanup dump() functions.

    We had various variants of defining dump() functions in LLVM. Normalize
    them (this should just consistently implement the things discussed in
    http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2014-January/034323.html

    For reference:
    - Public headers should just declare the dump() method but not use
      LLVM_DUMP_METHOD or #if !defined(NDEBUG) || defined(LLVM_ENABLE_DUMP)
    - The definition of a dump method should look like this:
      #if !defined(NDEBUG) || defined(LLVM_ENABLE_DUMP)
      LLVM_DUMP_METHOD void MyClass::dump() {
        // print stuff to dbgs()...
      }
      #endif