[llvm-dev] Some questions regarding ORC JIT apis

Dibyendu Majumdar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 22 07:33:39 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am looking to port my MCJIT based implementation to ORC. I have been
reading up on the ORC tutorials, but am not clear on how to do
following:

I would like to discard everything other than the compiled code after
compiling a module.
A module may have more than one function in it - so I would like to
retain all the compiled functions.
I am okay with eager compilation - i.e. there is no need to hold on to
a module for lazy compilation.
Finally at some later point I would like to able to delete functions
that are no longer needed.

If there is an example of above then that would be great.

Currently in MCJIT I keep the Module/ExecutionEngine around until the
functions in them are no longer needed. This is very bad for memory as
all that IR just hangs around.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu