[llvm-dev] PSA: Potential lit workflow change

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 13 11:39:16 PDT 2017

Thanks for working on this.

One question: do you know what's the fastest way to create a working <output-tree>/bin/llvm-lit program? By 'working', I mean: assuming I've already built llvm-config and the relevant test dependencies (FileCheck, opt, etc), I can run llvm-lit on a single test.

> On Sep 13, 2017, at 9:19 AM, Zachary Turner via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all, I've got https://reviews.llvm.org/D37756 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D37756> up for review currently which simplifies a lot of the logic in our lit config files.
>
> For most people, this will be completely transparent and "just work", but it breaks one workflow that people should be aware of.
>
> Problem: If you run lit by putting llvm-config in your path and then running <source-root>/utils/lit/lit.py <source-root>/<path-to-test-file> then this is not going to work anymore.
>
> Luckily, there's an easy fix:
>
> Solution: Run <output-tree>/bin/llvm-lit.py <source-root>/<path-to-test-file>

Will llvm-lit.py be added to <output-tree>/bin, or is this supposed to be <output-tree>/bin/llvm-lit?

vedant