[llvm-dev] General question about enabling partial inlining

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 13 10:11:11 PDT 2017

Hi,

I noticed some performance gains in some spec benchmarks without
significant code size bloat when aggressively performing partial
inlining, especially when the original callee spill CSRs in the entry
block. I guess the partial inlining is not enabled mainly due to the
code size. Is there any other issue which prevent the pass from being
enabled? Do we have any plan or any on-going works to enable partial
inlining ?
Thanks,
Jun

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.