[llvm-dev] Different ways of running lit

Jonathan Roelofs via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 11 10:21:05 PDT 2017

On 9/11/17 10:48 AM, David Blaikie via llvm-dev wrote:
> I often run, from my build tree: "./bin/llvm-lit -v
> test/DebugInfo/whatever.ll" (where the "test/DebugInfo/whatever.ll" only
> exists in the source tree, not in the build tree where I'm running the
> command from)

I do this a lot too.

@zturner: this is what I was trying to explain on IRC the other day. For
whatever reason, this setup is the easier one to get working for a new
testsuite, and the `./bin/llvm-lit /abs/path/to/test.ll` one is harder
(it can't find the site.cfg for the cases where I've done it).

Jon