[llvm-dev] Live Register Spilling

jin chuan see via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 10 18:57:58 PDT 2017

Hi Matthias,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, you are correct, I do have optnone attribute on my function.

I did pass -O0 to the tools.

For your information, my invocations are as below:

clang  --target=mips-unknown-linux  -mips32  test.c  -emit-llvm  -S

llc  -O0  -march=mips  -mcpu=mips32  test.ll  -o  test.s

Based on the generated .ll file, there is optnone attribute on the function, i am guessing this is due to the default optimization -O0 by clang if not specified.

As for the llc, i tried to invoke it with -O1,-O2,-O3. All of them resulted in failure during the phase "PROCESS IMPLICIT DEFS"

This message showed up: