[llvm-dev] adding msvcr100.dll interception support to compiler-rt ?

comic fans via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 31 08:26:42 PDT 2017

there were still large codebase binded to old vcrt due to VS IDE
upgrade compatible problem, keeping ASAN work with them makes
developer can run with much more production code. currently I'm using
ASAN with our software (3000+ cpp  ), ASAN successfully find two nasty
bugs, which is very useful.

 it is a little bit hard to use... but I'm afraid most people even do
not know ASAN already worked on windows.
 WindowsPort wiki page on github seems out of date very much (it still
says C++ support is blocked? ) , didn't mention supported vs version
and dynamic/static (build with /MT only works with 2015+  because of a
printf family call if I remembered correctly) release/debug
version(old slide from llvm said it support debug version , but
actually not)  and needs additional link libs for dll/exe (I found
this in github issue and I can only extract it  from clang -v output),
I guess there'll be much more people to deploy it if windows document
improved.