[llvm-dev] [JIT] Correct memory mapping? - SOLVED

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 27 06:01:28 PDT 2017

Hello friendly LLVM and Clang-World,

I was able to solve the problem I had with the memory mapping. Now
everything gets calculated correctly.

Kind regards
Björn

From:   Bjoern Gaier/HE/HORIBA
To:     llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org, cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Date:   25.10.2017 15:12
Subject:        [JIT] Correct memory mapping?

Hello friendly LLVM and Clang-World,
Because I got helpful information from the LLVM and the Clang-Mailing-List
about JITting, I send this message to both.

I’m still not part of the LLVM-Mailing-List, so please put me in cc.

Some days ago I was able to throw an exception in JITted code and also
catch this exception in JITed code – all under windows with 64bit and
pecoff format of the files. But soon as I apply a memory mapping to the
JITed code (the code gets mapped from one memory in the process to another
memory from the same process) the exception handling doesn’t work anymore.
It seems like the mapping of the memory destroys some offsets.

What can I do against this? I’m acting pretty straight forward when
mapping the memory – I map every data and code section. But even if I
don’t map “.pdata” and “.xdata” segments, there are still some offsets
wrong. Is this a problem from the LLVM or is it my fault?

I hope for some help!

Kind regards
Björn

Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816,
USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789
Geschäftsführer: Hiroshi Kawamura, Dr Hiroshi Nakamura, Markus Bode, Heiko
Lampert, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima.