[llvm-dev] Adding comments to LLVM IR during code generation

(IIIT) Siddharth Bhat via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 22 00:49:30 PDT 2017

Hello all,

this is "frivolous", and I understand that there are good reasons as to why
the IR representation does not have a representation for comments (unless I
am mistaken).

However, I would really like to have the ability to generate comments along
with LLVM IR from my compiler backend.

It would greatly help in debugging LLVM.

Since I cannot generate comments, what alternatives to I have to allow me
to quickly add info the the IR that is easy to scan over?

Cheers,
~Siddhart.
--
Sending this from my phone, please excuse any typos!