[llvm-dev] How to emit opt report when using LTO

Denis Bakhvalov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 18 03:57:27 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm using clang frontend.
I'm interested in some particular hot loop in my code and I emit a
report from vectorizer optimizations passes.
I receive nice output if passing -Rpass* flags as long as I'm building
without LTO?
But with -flto it just prints nothing.
Is there a way to emit opt reports when using LTO?

For now I can only approximate about whether my the loop will be
vectorized. I remove -flto and check opt reports. But as I understand,
decision about loop vectorization may be changed on LTO stage, so it
is only an approximation.

--
Best regards,
Denis.