[llvm-dev] Failing test with -debug-pass=Structure

Zaara Syeda via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 16 11:05:09 PDT 2017

Hello,

I'm making changes to the GlobalOpt pass and now require
BlockFrequencyInfo and TargetTransformInfo. After making my changes, I
have a failing test: test/Other/pass-pipelines.ll. The test is using
-debug-pass=Structure and looks for the following pattern:
; CHECK-O2: Pass Arguments:
; CHECK-O2-NEXT: FunctionPass Manager
; CHECK-O2-NEXT: Dominator Tree Construction

However, with my changes the output now looks like:
Pass Arguments:  -targetlibinfo -domtree -loops -branch-prob -block-freq
Target Library Information
  FunctionPass Manager
    Dominator Tree Construction
    Natural Loop Information
    Branch Probability Analysis
    Block Frequency Analysis

I'm not sure why I now have Target Library Information in between the
expected pattern sequence since I did not add Target Library Information
and it was already being used in the GlobalOpt pass before my changes.

Thanks,
Zaara