[llvm-dev] Debugging JIT'ed code with ORC JIT?

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 11 10:13:33 PDT 2017

Hi Connor,

...The LLVM documentation has a page at
>     llvm.org/docs/DebuggingJITedCode.html
> showing an example of using gdb to debug MCJIT’ed code, but has no mention
> of ORC JIT.

What debugging support MCJIT has is provided by the RuntimeDyld utility,
which ORC shares. I would expect anything in that document to apply to ORC
as well, though I haven't tested it personally.

For what it's worth, this is something I'm interested in and hope to make
some progress on in tree in the not too distant future.

-- Lang.