[llvm-dev] {ARM} IfConversion does not detect BX instruction as a branch

Gaƫl Jobin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 10 08:50:55 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-09 20:00, Kyle Butt wrote:

> It probably has escaped unnoticed because there aren't many code paths that will try to remove an indirect branch.
> I'll let ARM folks chime in, but it looks correct to me.

Thank you for your point of view. Anyway, after many tests, it appears
that the changes fixed my issue. I tried to reproduce a minimal piece of
C to trigger the bug, without success. In fact, I am still wondering if
_removeBranch(...)_ should support removing "jump-table" branches as
well (_i__sJumpTableBranchOpcode()_). I didn't hit that specific case,
but I will keep those emails preciously to remember the issue if
something similar appears again.

Regards;

Gael