[llvm-dev] Clang/LLVM JIT - When to use "registerEHFrames()"

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 6 02:47:35 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I was following the discussion, but I have to admit, that my skills aren't
high enough to follow you guys. For my current exception problem, I don't
have to stick around with the PECOFF format, so I used clang to don't
compile to a PECOFF, but to a ELF file. Interesting, now I'm missing the
functions:
__cxa_allocate_exception
__cxa_throw
_ZTI

I loaded the DLL "libstdc++.dll" and found all of the addresses - but the
application still crashes when the exception is thrown.

So... Do you think, that "Julias Code" could help me? You mentioned her in
one of the mails, but I don't know her - or her code.

Also, is it a better idea to compile all dynamic code to the ELF format,
because PECOFF isn't fully supported?

Kind regards
Björn

Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816,
USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789
Geschäftsführer: Hiroshi Kawamura, Dr Hiroshi Nakamura, Markus Bode, Heiko
Lampert, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima.