[llvm-dev] Question: Should we consider valid a variable defined #ifndef NDEBUG scope and used in assert?

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 4 14:58:04 PDT 2017

Good point, I forgot to check the standard.
Given the clang was failing I assumed the code was wrong x).

I am guessing there is something weird with the project, because indeed, paragraph 7.2 of the standard says:
The assert macro is redefined according to the current state of NDEBUG each time that

<assert.h> is included.