[llvm-dev] How to count instructions in a function?

Zubin Pahuja via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 29 13:02:55 PST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to count IR instructions in a function for static analysis
using llvm pass. In contrast with existing examples, I am trying to include
instruction counts of all the callees of the function.

Counting the instructions of a function is easy using passes, but iterating
through the module's CallGraph is proving to be confusing. I believe I have
to use CallGraphWrapperPass to get both module pass and its CallGraph. How
do I iterate through the CallGraph in runOnModule()? A simple print callee
names example would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zubin