[llvm-dev] Looking for tests for class ARMConstantIslands

章明 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 16 01:20:25 PST 2017

Hello, everyone!

I have made a few modifications to the ARM constant island placement and branch shortening pass

(i.e., class ARMConstantIslands) to suit the pass to my control flow checking algorithm.

For now, I would like to test the modified pass alone. However it doesn't seem to be easy to

find a program that exercises the pass. I think I need to find some existing tests, and probably

will have to modify some tests to suit my needs.

I am new to the LLVM test infrastructure. I am aware that a LLVM release comes together with a lot

of regression tests in the test directory. But it seems to be impossible to tell which files are

relevant to the pass by looking at the file names alone. In test/CodeGen/ARM, I found a few files

baring a name containing the word "island" and "jump" (as in "jump table"):

constant-island-crash.ll

constant-islands.ll

jump-table-islands.ll

jump-table-islands-split.ll

arm-position-independence-jump-table.ll

jumptable-label.ll

jump-table-tbh.ll

In these files, I found little documentation.

Are these all relevant to the pass? Are there other relevant tests?

How do you test the pass?

Is there a way to find all relevant regression tests easily?

Thank you!

Ming Zhang