[llvm-dev] Correctly linking against libLLVM (single shared library build)

Michal Srb via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 15 23:45:00 PST 2017

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 08:34:50 CET Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Actually it does not work at all. It behaves exactly the same as
> map_components with this CMakeLists.txt:

> llvm_config(bubak support core irreader)

I think the llvm_config needs USE_SHARED parameter, something like:
  llvm_config(bubak USE_SHARED support core irreader)

Otherwise it assumes you want to link with the static libraries.

In our case we do not package the static libraries, so it would make sense if
llvm_config defaulted to USE_SHARED - we could patch it to behave that way in
our package.

Michal Srb