[llvm-dev] Experiment on how to improve our temporary file handing.

Davide Italiano via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 13 13:46:32 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Rafael Avila de Espindola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Davide Italiano <davide.italiano at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> I couldn't find any support for this on FreeBSD.
>>>

>> AFAIK FreeBSD supports some variant of /proc that should map Linux
>> (although the mapping isn't 1:1).
>> Does it lack support for this? Thanks for looking into this, BTW!
>
> O_TMPFILE is the main thing that seems to be missing.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask FreeBSD to implement this (at
least for ufs/zfs), maybe Ed/Kostik have thoughts about it.

Thanks,

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare