[llvm-dev] lld: sigbus error handling

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 8 15:58:51 PST 2017

If you are still interested, this is the latest patch:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D39464

With this patch, disk blocks are preallocated using fallocate (Linux),
posix_fallocate (other Unices), or fcntl (macOS) before mmap'ing it. If an
operating system or a filesystem don't support fallocate or equivalent, it
uses an in-memory buffer instead so that a disk full error can be detected
on FileOutputBuffer::commit().