[llvm-dev] Questions about code-size optimizations in ARM backend

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 8 09:08:07 PST 2017

Hi Gabor,

On 7 November 2017 at 17:02, Gabor Ballabas via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The full example code and the generated assembly for GCC and for LLVM is in
> the Bugzilla issue.

I notice that this discussion seems focused around ARM-mode
instructions. Is that intentional? In my experience everyone that
actually cares about code size is using Thumb mode (mostly because
they're on M-class CPUs).

It might be intentional, but I just wanted to make sure before a lot
of effort was spent on marginal cases.

Cheers.

Tim.