[llvm-dev] Does the ORC JIT on Linux eliminate frame pointers - if so - how does one disable this?

Christian Schafmeister via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 6 18:49:54 PST 2017

Hi,

I suspect that the ORC JIT is eliminating frame pointers on Linux for jitted code - is there a way to prevent this and get frame pointer?
I use the ORC JIT for our Common Lisp compiler.  On OS X everything is fine and backtraces are complete and easy to collect and work with.  On linux there are frames that I can’t get backtrace info on or disassemble.   I suspect that they don’t have frame pointers.

Christian Schafmeister
Professor, Chemistry
Temple University