[llvm-dev] Using C++14 code in LLVM

Mark Kettenis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 1 05:13:14 PDT 2017

> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 20:57:45 +0000
> From: Zachary Turner via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
>
> OpenBSD - Ships with GCC 4.2.1 anyway.  They are already having to
> bootstrap something, so the proposal here does not change anything, because
> even current LLVM doesn't compile with GCC 4.2.1

OpenBSD 6.2 shipped with LLVM/Clang 4.0.0 and OpenBSD 6.3 will ship
with at least LLVM/Clang 5.0.0 as the system compiler on amd64, arm64
and i386.  We're planning to switch armv7 over as well, and may
provide Clang alongside GCC for mips64 and sparc64 as well.

So for us a more relevant question is whether Clang 4 or Clang 5 has
sufficient C++14/17 support.