[llvm-dev] Request for comments on optimizing assembler

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 30 09:00:23 PDT 2017

Hi Colin,

I am definitely interested!

The way I was seeing this happening is by changing incrementally the parser of the MIR format. Basically, I’d like the parser to get smarter and smarter to a point where it could understand assembly mnemonics and build the MachineFunction. The rest of the infrastructure would stay the same.
For different reasons, Matthias already improved the parser to avoid specifying easily computable information. The idea is to continue in that direction.

My 2-c.

Cheers,
-Quentin