[llvm-dev] The state of ARMConstantIslandPass in 4.0.[01]

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 30 00:34:34 PDT 2017

On 29 May 2017 at 22:41, Ariel Ben-Yehuda via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Are these fixes important? Should we backport them? Do we need to keep
> anything in mind?

Hi Ariel,

Those fixes are important, but as Tom said, only for 4.0.2 if we do one.

However, they'll need to be looked at with care, as they fix some odd
bugs in the compiler and I'm not sure how stable they really are.

They may behave well in trunk because of other patches that were
noticed and fixed, but back-porting just those patches may introduce
instabilities that weren't fixed in 4.0.

Given that we release a new version every 6 months, and that we
(Still) don't have (community) support for older versions, you may be
better off using 5.0 instead.

Thanks for creating the merge requests, though. Let's look at them
when/if 4.0.2 comes along.

cheers,
--renato