[llvm-dev] Status of move to github

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 28 22:07:55 PDT 2017

Hi Wink,

You can already start playing with what a monorepo could look like:
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo

I recently posted on llvm-dev:

As a reminder, the current status today and my position is the same as in
January: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-January/109015.html
; which can be summarized as: "At some point, if the experiment is
conclusive, we should be able to build a larger majority and hopefully
reach a consensus that the proposed prototype can be considered viable for
development and start planning the actual committing changes."

See also Chris' answer for a more explicit version:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-January/109115.html

Best,

--
Mehdi