[llvm-dev] [compiler-rt] '-fprofile-generate' and embedded systems

Simon Whittaker via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 26 09:07:02 PDT 2017

Hi Martin,

Can't you just port enough to get the existing:

__llvm_profile_write_buffer

functionality working? This shouldn't depend on IO. You then have free
choice of how to get that buffer to somewhere persistent.

This is something we use on PlayStation, in addition to the more usual
"write a file" path.

Thanks,

Simon

On 25 May 2017 7:07 a.m., "Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev" <