[llvm-dev] How to implement memory-memory instructions?

Liu winter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 25 21:30:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

Implementation of a load-store architecture should be quite straightforward as we are able to refer several backend. For now, I am planning to implement a backend on which instructions could take memory address as operand, for example, 'cadd [a], [b], [c]', where a, b, and c are memory address. I am wondering if there is an existing backend I could refer to to implement such memory-memory instructions. If not, is there any recommendation for this implementation? It is very appreciated if there is any help. Thank you.

Yours,

Winter