[llvm-dev] Removing "fno-rtti" flag from llvm-config --cxxflags

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 24 03:59:46 PDT 2017

On 23 May 2017, at 15:13, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:

> Well, i removed the vtable from Value and Instruction recently, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thank you!  Next year hopefully I’ll be able to use a release build from packages and only provide a debug build from sources for my course.

On a related note, I just updated my teaching materials from 3.9 to 4.0 and found that there were almost not API changes in anything that I was using.  I had to add an explicit qualification for a StringLiteral class (LLVM now has one, as does the AST in one example), replace one include with a different one, and change one call to handle an Expected return instead of ErrorOr.  This is, by far, the smallest amount that I’ve had to do to update between LLVM releases ever.  Thanks to everyone for keeping APIs more or less stable.

David