[llvm-dev] Support for monomorphization

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 24 02:07:08 PDT 2017

llvm IR provides capabilities somewhere between C and an idealised assembly
language for mainstream CPUs but with things such as an infinite number of
registers.

If you are writing a compiler for a language very different to C then it's
your job to figure out how to map your language features onto C/generalised
ASM.