[llvm-dev] [lld][ELF] Add option to make .dynamic read only

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 16 17:13:48 PDT 2017

Hi Jake,

Thank you for sending this to llvm-dev!

If I understand correctly, your motivation to add an option to make
.dynamic sections read-only is to share .dynamic sections in memory so that
each process executing the same file doesn't have to have a separate copy
of a .dynamic section. But you would usually save just one page or two by
doing that because .dynamic sections are usually very small. Even if they
are large, they could be shared between processes by copy-on-write. What am
I missing?