[llvm-dev] Disabling DAGCombine's specific optimization

Jon Chesterfield via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 15 14:04:47 PDT 2017

That's interesting. What's the MI equivalent of the work list algorithm
implemented by dag combine?

In particular, I like that localised improvements to the dag are composed
automatically and reasonably efficiently. I don't know how to achieve
composition of back end passes beyond repeatedly applying the same sequence.

Your comment about core code is lost on me though, extra isd nodes and the
performDAGCombine hook have been sufficient so far.